Web Developer – Backend
About the company
Bloc Digital is a Derby based creative design and immersive tech studio. We deliver brand and campaign marketing and leading edge digital visualisation technology solutions for global clients.
With a strong client base, established over 20 years, the company is still true to our 'disruptor' roots, continuing to push boundaries of digital visualisation, pioneering the use of immersive technologies and creative tech across new markets and sectors.
We’re looking for an experienced backend web developer to help strengthen our web team. We’re a growing company working at the cutting-edge of various digital visualisation technologies in a fast-moving market. You’ll work with various areas of the company and utilise modern web technologies to produce robust, scalable applications for our various clients.
- Deliver projects on time and within budget
- Document all services thoroughly to allow other developers to consume data easily with minor assistance
- Interpreting and meeting client requirements
- Manage own priorities to meet deadlines across projects
- Work with front end developers to deliver endpoints that provide data in an efficient format that matches their requirements
Skills and requirements
- Experience as a Backend Developer with good knowledge of NodeJS and PHP
- Experience with database Architectures / Creation (SQL, NoSQL)
- Experience with micro-services architecture, distributed systems or cloud infrastructure
- Build reusable and test-driven code that can be utilised if required for multiple projects
- Strong Docker Experience along with Docker compose creation / management
- Knowledge of securing backend systems from threats and known exploits
- Deploying backend systems to servers along with setup and maintenance, including strong SSH experience for system management and debugging
- Ability to architect a solution and data models according to a project specification
- Knowledge of IoT principles and architectures
- Ability to estimate a time against each task with some degree of accuracy
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
Nice to have
- Understanding of cross browser issues along with quirks / fixes for unique cases
- Good knowledge of data stores
- Familiar with DevOps environments such as Gitlab CI or Azure DevOps
- Creation of NPM scripts
Feel the need to push the boundaries of today's technologies for tomorrow's world? If that sounds like you, then check out our latest vacancies or send us an email.
No agencies please.
Please email your application and CV to: